Powered By Blogger

Saturday 14 January 2012

Simple Pleasures of Life

So what have I experienced during my tenure here in the Philippines? Practically, a lot; good and bad. Can't complain since this is something I have to deal with for the next...4-5 years. I have come to terms of accepting things that is beyond my ability, even if I do rebel like a stubborn mule. Though, I missed some things back in the US from time to time, it aches my heart a little...
I guess I went a bit overboard with that...
(ಠ_ಠ)

"So what are the simple pleasures that you're experiencing?" That depends on the situation. In the afternoons, the steady breeze rolls by through the campus' rice fields. Over in the horizon is the mountain ranges and fluffy clouds that is blotched in the sky. Or walking in the midday sun, not  caring if you're going to end up with sunburn. Or maybe at night, the sounds of bullfrogs and crickets chirping while being slowly bitten by mosquitoes.* The dark sky that is illuminated with hundreds and thousands of stars, slowly revealing itself as a band of the Milky Way. These are the things that would calm a man's soul; an eerie wave of assurance while I'm left to ponder about my existence.

Among other things is conversing with relatives and neighbors while we eat, drink and sing in the laidback evening.

Next week is the examination and I hope...I really hope I can get in. Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment