Powered By Blogger

Thursday 5 January 2012

The Language Barrier and History 101

It has reminded me of a story from the bible: The Tower of Babel. Don't know it? Here...I'll give you a nutshell version of the story...
God was looking down Earth and noticed people building a large tower in the City of Babel. He sent an angel to ask them what they were doing. The people responded that they wanted to build a tower to reach the "Heavens". Upon relaying the message to God, and being the omnipotent being Troll in the Universe, he misinterpreted it as their way to "force their way back into Heaven". Now bat-shit paranoid and grudging from the first incident (Adam & Eve), God decides to slap their shit in and shift into MAXIMUM OVERTROLL, creating languages. Upon doing so, the construction of the tower halted, as all the order could not be understood between people. Eventually, the tower collapsed and the city was in ruins.
Oh you sonofa...*shakes fist*
What does that have to do with me? The fact that I'm slowly learning the language and the date for the entrance exams are creeping in. Now I receive news that the questions WILL be in TagalogFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-  (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
For those who've played this...That's my interpretation on learning
 a new language- GODDAMNIT, WHY CAN'T I GET IT RIGHT?!

I also hear that some of the questions will cover Philippine History. Which lead me to frantically read the entire article of Philippine History via Wikipedia. Also read about the Filipino-American War. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that this country became an independent one. However, if it weren't for a certain person *cough*Elwell Stephen Otis*cough* to make a Blunder-of-a-Century move by re-writing a proclamation by THE PRESIDENT, Philippines still would've been an independent but a commonwealth country. Every Filipino would automatically be US Citizens and speaking English- ARGH!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Excuse me while I clean the debris from all the table flipping...

No comments:

Post a Comment